Friday, April 8, 2011

Interview with Steven N.

Steven N. a student who is going for radiology. He used to teach Judo at his father's dojo before they closed down. Has been practicing Judo and other martial arts since he was young. He is currently working and attending school.

Do you have a favorite animation (animated film, cartoon, game, 3d or 2d) as a kid that just stayed with you till today?


Yes I enjoyed Dexter's Lab as a kid too bad it was cancelled.

What was the most recent animated film or series that you have watched that you were impressed with? What part of the animation did you like?


Summer Wars! That animated movie was great. The story and animation was superb. The combination of 2d and 3d animation was impressive. I've probably seen it 4 times already. I liked the art style of the animation, the backgrounds and the character designs fit nicely.

Have you ever considered getting a job in the animation industry and what kind of job would you like to do?


Yes I have actually. I would really like to do some voice acting. I've had experience with acting in theater and choreographing fight scenes. I am actually trying to get into the field right now, trying to get a demo reel out by this summer. 


Funimation is what I am aiming for.


What do you think of the old animated cartoons compared to how they are made today?

The older animations were heavy on story telling while today's animations thrive on visual aesthetics. 



No comments:

Post a Comment